IRS 280E penalizes traffickers of controlled substances by denying deductions from gross income for business expenses. Therefore, an after-tax discounted cash flow analysis is more appropriate for valuing plant touching cannabis businesses if the analysis has the correct segregation between state and federal taxes. It takes little imagination to discern that the denial of ordinary business deductions greatly impacts those doing business within the cannabis plant touching industry.
Read the entire article at Cannabis Business Times.
Join Brian Buss as he presents at the Connect Corporate Valuations event on October 24, 2019 at 8 AM. Topics covered:
- Valuation issues related to intellectual property in licensing, manufacturing and M&A transactions
- How valuation methodologies can optimize transaction outcomes for both buyers and sellers in M&A and other transactions
- Valuation related to buy/sell agreements, shareholder agreements and partner/owner buyouts
- How to value privately held shares and restricted stock and properly apply minority interest, marketability, blockage and other discounts
- How to avoid pitfalls associated with Equity Incentive Plans and Private Company Stock issuances under Internal Revenue Code Section 409A
Register at the Connect San Diego Venture Group website located here.
Rock ‘n’ Roll and craft brewing were born out of the same spirit of independence, making them ripe for they type of crossover between music and alcohol.
The article discusses the recently settled lawsuit against Colorado brewer Oskar Blues by Guns N’ Roses for naming their beer Guns N’ Rose ale.
Read the article here.
Arguably the most valuable but least understood intangible asset are brands. Brand: marketing-related intangible asset including but not limited to names, terms, signs, symbols, logos and designs, or a combination of these intended to identify goods, services or entities, or a combination of these, creating distinctive images and associations in the minds of stakeholders, thereby generating economic benefits/values. – ISO 10668